Policies & Processes
Well-crafted DEIB-centric policies and procedures are foundational to building and maintaining a diverse and inclusive work environment. They provide the necessary structure and guidance to ensure that diversity and inclusion are not just aspirational concepts but are embedded into the daily fabric of the organizational culture.
A DEIB-centric policy framework:
(1) establises clear expectations for employees in understanding their role in fostering an inclusive environment,
(2) ensures fair practices of all employees regardless of their background. This helps to mitigate workplace biases and discrimination in the HR value chain (recruitment, promotion, compensation..)
(3) creates a clear basis for holding individuals and the organization accountable for non-compliant behaviors,
(4) provides guidance and support for addressing issues related to diversity and inclusion,
(5) ensure legal compliance with relevant laws and regulations regarding workplace diversity and anti-discrimination.
(6) Facilitate continuous improvement since policies need to be reviewed and updated regularly based on feedback and changing societal norms, thus continuously evolving the organization's approach to diversity and inclusion.
Organisational HR value chain is not fair or inclusive to all employees.
Review policies and practices (1) Employee recruitment and selection, (2) Appointment and retention, (3) Performance Management, (4) Skills development, (5) Remuneration and Benefits, (6) Disciplinary actions
Journey towards creating an enabling and inclusive HR value chain.
Policies does not address needs of employees
Policies monitored and reviewed. Consultation – ‘nothing about us without us’
Fit-for-purpose policies that address needs of employees.
Our policies are not responsive to the changing context
Mobilise HR to be proactive: consult, conduct barrier analysis, be conscious of changing environment and how it impact policy framework.
Agile policies and practices that are appropriate to the current context and workplace challenges.