Diversity Management Programmes: In response to the growing diversity in the workforce around the world, many companies have instituted specific policies and diversity management programs to enhance the recruitment, promotion, retention, inclusion and integration of employees who are different from the mainstream workforce. Having an employee base that reflects the diversity of the societies in which you operate enables a company to better understand and serve its diverse clientele. It is crucial to continued success and gives a company access to a wide range of skills and talent, as well as diverse thinking which facilitates innovation and sustainable solutions for the organisation and for its customers. TDCI's Diversity Management workshop provides a framework for understanding the concept, practicalities and strategies of managing a diverse workforce. It analyses the risks, benefits, and critical factors that will influence the creation of an inclusive and motivated workforce. Effective strategies and tools in managing diversity is presented while specific diversity issues (such as gender, race, religion, ethnicity, culture, disability, age, sexual orientation, education and economic diversity) can be addressed. The programme explores ways of maximizing organisational performance and developing a culture of mutual respect and trust. TDCI's diversity management programme capacitate leaders and managers with the necessary knowledge and skills to creating inclusive work environments (Architecture of Inclusive and Excellence).
The basic Diversity Management programme includes the following element but can be further customised to suit the client's specific needs:
- Contextualise and create awareness of Employment Equity, Broad Based Black Economic Empowerment, Diversity Management, as well as Change and Transformation
- Exploring the evolution of diversity management paradigms (different theoretical approaches and models to dealing with diversity)
- Conduct a diversity risk-analysis and exploring the organisation’s motive and case for dealing with workplace diversity.
- Explore the organisation’s current scenario (developmental stage) and Desired State.
- Developing a strategic blueprint for the company’s employment equity and diversity related transformation
- Enabling managers with the necessary insight to strategically manage diversity related issues
- Providing the neccesary tools, strategies and systems to ensure the sustainable implementation of the transformational blueprint